Do you want a healthy and balanced recipe that takes only 15-20 minutes to prepare?
When I have a busy day, I cook a Paleo low-carb or ketogenic meal that is fast to prepare, balanced in macronutrients (carbs, protein, and fat) and micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, etc.), and absolutely delicious.
This is an excellent side dish to any source of protein you have available in the refrigerator such as red meat, fish or seafood, chicken, organ meat, turkey, etc.
With that in mind, chose a protein source you want, and also, pick the vegetables listed below and let’s start!
Time Preparing: 10-15 minutes
Time Cooking: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 10:15 minutes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly julienned
- 4 artichoke hearts marinated, cut in the middle
- 6 Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, julienned
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped and cooked in water and salt until soft (I normally use any good source of carbohidrate leftover available such as potato, yucca, taro, sweet potato, green plantain, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons ghee or fats of choice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs to garnish (optional)
In a medium skillet heat ghee over medium heat
Add onion, stir to mix, sauté 2-3 minutes
Add celery, stir to mix, sauté 1-2 minutes
Add carrot, stir to mix, sauté 1-2 minutes
Add artichoke hearts, stir to mix, sauté 1-2 minutes
Add mushrooms, stir to mix, sauté 1-2 minutes
Add potatoes, stir to mix, sauté 5-6 minutes
Add salt and pepper to taste, stir to mix
Add fresh herbs to garnish
Remove from heat
Transfer to a serving plate or bowl
Serve immediately as a side dish of your preferred protein
Tip 1: Meanwhile preparing the veggies above, using another frying pan, sauté the source of protein you chose.
Tip 2: diversify as much as possible the veggies you eat in order to create a strong gut flora or microbiome that will be strengthening your overall health.
In this way, each time you prepare this dish, use different vegetables that are available in your refrigerator.
Tip 3: If you want, cut the veggies in different ways each time you prepare this recipe.